While everyday window cleaning products and paper towels may be the go-to move for most window cleanings, you may be missing some crucial steps toward maximum cleanliness. Windows only need to be cleaned a few times each year, and depending on the number of windows in your home, it may be a good idea to do a few rooms at a time instead of all at once.
For the best success with your window cleaning, follow the steps we have outlined below and you will be enjoying the beautiful sights around your home in no time.
- Remove Dust – Using either a vacuum or a cloth, you should clear all the dust off the window frame, sill, and shades.
- Clean Screens – Remove your screens completely from the window, and clear the screen with a vacuum cleaner or a soapy mixture if needed.
- Spray Cleaner – Spray copious amounts of window cleaning solution on the window.
- Wipe Down Window – With a fresh paper towel or a microfiber cloth, wipe the glass surfaces from top to bottom continuously until they are streak free.
- Repeat Steps on the Outside – Repeat the above steps on the exterior window to ensure that they are as transparent as possible. The outside may take more effort and muscle due to the fact that they see the elements and weather on a daily basis.
- Replace The Screen
If you follow these instructions every six months or so, your windows should remain spotless and immaculate throughout the year. If you would like to have professionals supply your home with brand-new windows instead, then call the expert team at Olson Windows today!